Chat with us, powered by LiveChat


State Electrical Licensing Requirements

Nebraska licenses journeyman and master electricians. For details, use the link to visit the

Nebraska Electrical Division’s website.


The Nebraska State Electrical Board has reciprocal licensing agreements for journeyman electricians the following states: (The applicant must have passed a state examination in order for the license to reciprocate to another state.)

  • Alaska
  • Colorado
  • Minnesota*
  • New Hampshire
  • North Dakota
  • South Dakota*
  • Washington
  • Arkansas
  • Indiana
  • Montana
  • New Mexico
  • Oklahoma
  • Utah
  • Wyoming

* The Nebraska State Electrical Division reciprocates with these states for electrical contractor licenses. All other states are for journeyman licensing ONLY.

Application for Reciprocal License


State Electrical Division Staff Contacts
521 South 14th Street, Suite 400
PO Box 95066
Lincoln, NE 68508-2707
Phone: 402.471.3550
Fax: 402.471.4297